To help round out the coverage and get a broader industry view of our latest special feature, Virtualizing the Enterprise, ZDNet and TechRepublic have arranged a question-and-answer session with ZDNet editor in chief Larry Dignan and TechRepublic editor in chief Jason Hiner.
You can download this as a PDF from TechRepublic (a free ZDNet or TechRepublic registration is required).
The questions that Larry and Jason answer are:
- What's the biggest impact that virtualization has made on corporate IT over the past decade?
- How is it that VMware has stayed a step ahead of Microsoft, Citrix, and other rivals when it looked as though they would steal the market with cheaper alternatives during the past five years?
- How has server virtualization affected the hardware vendors?
- If we look at virtualization in a broader sense to include desktop and network virtualization as well as the traditional server virtualization, who are the hot vendors in this space right now?
- Where are CIOs at when it comes to desktop virtualization? It's been on their radar for years but hasn't made a lot of headway. Is that changing?
- What about network virtualization, or Software Defined Networking (SDN)? Is it the next big thing in virtualization or just hype?
See how our editors provided perspective on these key virtualization issues.