My plain silver Zune HD is on the truck for delivery right now and I will spend most of the evening checking it out and posting my first impressions, photos, and video(s). I will be returning this one though as soon as my FC Seattle Sounders Zune Original unit arrives, hopefully early next week, and will post more thoughts then regarding the design and one week of usage of the Zune HD. I have been assembling a list of specific functions, features, and issues I want to check out on the Zune HD to post about here and request that you post any other things you want to see in the Talkback section.
Here are my planned topics for my review:
- Walk around the hardware
- Software performance and features
- Viewability of the display in sunlight (it is OLED)
- How does the web browser compare to the iPhone and IE 6 mobile on the Touch Pro2?
- Thoughts on the mult-touch capability
- Are games included and how do they play with the touch interface?
- Can you get ebooks on the ZuneHD?
- How is the movie rental/purchase selection and how does it compare to iTunes?
- What can you do with the WiFi functionality?
- How well does the HD radio perform and compare to standard FM radio?
Again, please let me know what else you would like me to check out and I will address it in my full review after a week of playing.
UPDATE: Some of my mobile enthusiast friends have their Zune HD units and are started to post their thoughts so I thought I would share some links with you to enjoy until I get my thoughts and reviews up here on ZDNet.