Yammer is touting the dashboard as a way to enable organizations to better evaluate employee engagement and determine return on investment. From there, the companies ideally would have a new method for rewarding employees as well.
Some of the metrics initially available are measuring top performing groups, finding out which devices employees are using to access Yammer networks, and chart activity across other Yammer features (i.e. Pages) over the course of a week or month.
The analytics dashboard will start rolling out to customers today, and Yammer promises that it will be available to all premium network customers by March 31.
Yammer has been consistently building out its social networking platform for businesses over the last few months.
In November, Yammer focused on collaboration with the launch of its new Ticker, Pages, and Files features. Some of Yammer's integration partners on these amenities included Box, Zendesk and TripIt.
Screenshot via Yammer
- Yammer raises $85 million, now what?
- Salesforce.com unveils Desk.com mobile, social customer service
- Yammer in 2011 represents overall breakout year for social enterprise
- Box adds enterprise-grade security features, Intel integration
- Google+ Hangouts even more collaborative with Google Docs