Cloud computing has gone from being scoffed at by CIOs to being one of the top two CIO concerns of 2010. TechRepublic and ZDNet recently did a Webcast in which ZDNet Editor in Chief Larry Dignan and I discussed the full range of issues that IT leaders face when considering if and how to implement cloud computing.
Some of specific topics included:
- The different flavors of cloud computing
- Security concerns
- Compliance with the cloud
- Private cloud vs. public cloud
- Bringing legacy code to the cloud
- How the cloud will affect IT jobs
I would describe this as a very frank and lively discussion, including some interaction with the live audience. If you're grappling with cloud deployment, you'll definitely want to listen to this one.