REDWOOD SHORES, CALIF. -- Oracle is stepping up its customer service options with the introduction of Platinum Services.
Overall, Platinum Services are intended to bridge the gap between traditional IT support and fully-managed services.
Touted to offer "the highest level of service in the industry," Platinum Services are intended to be more proactive than comparable services from competitors or even preceding options from Oracle -- or at least far speedier when reacting to issues.
Along with 24/7 remote fault monitoring and quarterly patching, Oracle is promising the following response times for customers subscribed to Platinum Services:
- Five minutes for Severity 1 issues
- 15 minutes for service restoration, or the immediate escalation to the development organization responsible for the product
- 30 minutes for joint debugging with developing team
Larry Abramson, senior vice president and general manager of Oracle's Advanced Customer Support Services unit, explained via telephone on Tuesday about how his team planned to bundle all of this together to raise the bar for customer support.
Essentially, it wasn't about bringing these components and charging more for them, Abramson explained, but rather "changing the whole paradigm" and delivering a service that a customer gets just when using one of Oracle's engineered systems.
"You embrace that level of service when you embrace engineered systems," he continued, adding that Platinum Services offers full-stack monitoring for every component.
Oracle is also simultaneously announcing three more new products that will work on top of Platinum:
- Advanced Monitoring and Resolution for Platinum: Allows Oracle to extend its monitoring coverage to non-Platinum configurations
- End User Performance Monitoring: An end user agent deployed on the network at the actual user location to monitor performance, helping customers improve performance throughout an entire environment
- Solution Support Center: A custom, dedicated support team tuned to a customer's Platinum components
Platinum Services are available immediately at no additional cost to Oracle customers as part of their standard support contracts. To be eligible for Platinum Services, customers must start with certified Platinum components and deploying a hardware gateway, which is shipped free to customers and installed on-site to extend Oracle's support cloud to the business.
Platinum components include Oracle Exadata X2-2 and X2-8, Oracle Exalogic X2-2, and SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 Servers with Exadata storage, Sun ZFS Storage or Oracle’s Pillar Axiom 600 Storage.
- Oracle to buy social media analytics company Collective Intellect
- HP StoreOnce touted as first to reach 100TB/hour backup rate
- HP, Oracle ready for court face-off in Itanium dispute
- Judge hands another win to Google; rules 37 APIs not copyrightable
- Oracle, Ellison and fun with cloud computing sound bites