HTML5 framework provider Sencha has introduced Sencha Architect 2, the evolution of its drag-and-drop Ext Designer application.
Sencha Architect 2 builds upon Ext Designer by expanding the program's support for building desktop and mobile Web applications.
The familiar drag-and-drop user interface is still there, along with a full code-editing platform, which is touted to enable developers to be able to build mobile and desktop applications within hours rather than days.
When it comes time for deployment, Sencha Architect offers one-click, native packaging for iOS and Android for uploading finished products to iTunes and Google Play.
Sencha's solutions are more in the spotlight since last week when SAP announced a partnership with Sencha (along with Appcelerator and Adobe) to develop an open mobile apps development framework based on SAP’s existing mobile platform.
Sencha Architect 2 retails for $399, and it is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Screenshots via Sencha
- Facebook pushes HTML5 and mobile payments forward
- HTML5 or native? Which mobile route to take?
- SAP database and mobility strategies: genius or madness?
- Amazon strikes back at Apple with Kindle in-app purchasing
- The Twitter roundup: Over 100 resources, tools and tricks