Microsoft and Novell said Wednesday that they have opened an interoperability lab in Cambridge, Mass. to improve collaboration between the two parties.
This lab was part of the Novell and Microsoft pact announced almost a year ago. The lab will focus on joint development for Windows Server and SUSE Linux Enterprise to make sure they work well together.
- The lab is 2,500 square feet;
- First mission is making the two virtualization technologies work better together;
- Other areas of focus will be standards-based systems management, identity federation and compatibility of office document formats;
- The lab will have 80 servers of various flavors and a storage area network;
- Both parties say their best and brightest will be sent to the lab.