Amazon's large-format e-book reader, the Kindle DX, will begin shipping to customers on June 10, 2009, according to the company.
The Kindle DX, which was announced May 6, is currently available for pre-order and all orders are prioritized on a first come, first served basis. It carries a 9.7-in. e-Ink display, a built-in PDF reader, auto-rotate capability and storage for up to 3,500 books.
More Kindle DX coverage on ZDNet:
- Larry Dignan: Revisiting the ROI of the Kindle DX: Why is Amazon blind to Wi-Fi?
- Andrew Nusca: Amazon Kindle DX: The solution to a problem that doesn't exist
- Matthew Miller: Will the new Kindle DX complicate plagiarism prevention?
- Jason Perlow: Forget Kindle DX. How about the ZuneBook?
- ZDNet Reviews: Amazon Kindle 2