Sprint's unlimited data plans may be tempting for wannabe iPhone 4S owners but its spotty coverage in your area may just not be worth the savings, nor is AT&T's network accessible to you, so Verizon may be your only hope for an iPhone 4S. Verizon is already taking pre-orders online for the first shipment of iPhone 4S that is due to arrive October 14. Who knows when the next wave will be ready.
The new iPhone comes in three capacities available in both white and black: 16 GB for $199.99, 32 GB for $299.99 and 64 GB for $399.99 (these are subsidized prices that require a two-year contract). Unless you're lucky enough to be grandfathered into the now extinct unlimited plans, Verizon's capped plans now start at $39.99 for 450 minutes of voice and $30 for 2 GB of data per month. Here's what you find get in the new iPhone 4S that looks just like the iPhone 4:
- Display: 3.5" Retina, multi-touch (960-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi)
- Processor: dual-core A5 chip with dual-core graphics
- Networks: GSM & CDMA (world phone)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi
- Sensors: Digital compass, Assisted GPS
- Camera: 8-megapixel rear camera; camcorder can shoot full 1080p HD resolution videos
- iOS5 & iCloud (you can wirelessly store your content online so all your devices can access)
- Siri: Voice-based assistant for your phone/life
- Battery Life:
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 14 hours on 2G (GSM)
- Standby time: Up to 200 hours
- Internet use: Up to 6 hours on 3G, up to 9 hours on Wi-Fi
Not convinced the iPhone 4S is worth the money? Perhaps the new price drop for last year's iPhone 4 works better for your budget: the 8 GB iPhone 4 with contract is now $99, 16 GB is $149.99 and 32 GB is $199.99 (the same price as the new 16 GB iPhone 4S). Best of all, once you slip a case onto the iPhone 4, no one would be able to tell you're holding a last-gen iPhone!
- iPhone 4S subsidy savings totals a whopping $450
- Apple's iPhone 4S is swell, but pricing is the real killer app
- The Great Debate: iPhone Yes vs. iPhone No
- Sprint to offer unlimited data for iPhone 4, 4S
- Will the iPhone 4S's new camera replace your point-and-shoot?
- It will be an iPhone 4S after all
- Trade-in your iPhone 4, get $250 from Wal-Mart
- iPod nano, touch and shuffle get updates and price cuts, coming Oct. 12
- CNET: iPhone 4S (First Impressions)