The White House is opening up and reaching out to a new constituency today: Android smartphone owners.
If you're familiar with the iOS version, then there really isn't much different on the Android edition. Users will be able to get instant news alerts, view behind-the-scenes photos and videos, and read news from the official White House blog and the Briefing Room.
The White House app for the Android is free and available to download from the Android Market immediately. Only Android 1.6 and higher is required. Now the question is, considering President Obama picked up the most secure BlackBerry ever, why no love for BB owners yet? They'll have to settle for the mobile site version for now...or at least the game Battle for the White House.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Facebook announces two safety improvements with White House
- Obamas release anti-bullying video on Facebook
- Talking tech: Obama's dinner guests include Schmidt, Zuckerberg and Jobs
- White House plans to free up 500MHz of spectrum, bring 4G to 98% of Americans
- White House plans to win the future by beating Angry Birds (seriously)