Using the term "smartphone" for the Intercept is a bit of a stretch, but it's pretty nifty for a prepaid device. Let's take a look:
- 3.2-inch touchscreen display
- Full slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder
- Built-in music player
- Syncs contacts and calendars via ActiveSync
- Preloaded applications: Full Google Apps suite (i.e. Talk, Gmail), Android web browser, YouTube, Facebook, Virgin Mobile Live music stream, Document file viewer, access to Amazon MP3 store
Virgin Mobile is bringing the Intercept exclusively to Target stores. Prepaid pricing options are staggered at $25, $40 and $60 per month. The device itself sells for $249.99, contract-free.