Apple is cleaning up the App Store, chucking out anything an everything even vaguely "sexy."
The upshot of this early bit of spring cleaning is that some 5,000 apps have been removed from the App Store, without giving the developers any warning whatsoever.
There's no official word from Apple on this mass censorship yet, but Chillifresh has been given some guidelines:
- No images of women in bikinis
- No images of men in bikinis!
- No skin
- No silhouettes
- No sexual connotations or innuendo: boobs, babes, booty, sex – all banned
- Nothing that can be sexually arousing!!
- No apps will be approved that in any way imply sexual content
Pretty tight rules, and once again Apple runs roughshod over developers.
Bottom line of this is that all of us that deal with Apple (both as buyer or developers) need to be aware of the fact that the App Store is Apple's place, and their rules apply. Don't like it? Tough.