Another quarter, another record set of earnings for Apple.
Here's what we have:
- Revenue of $7.46 billion (compare to $5.41 billion for year-ago quarter)
- Profits of $1.07 billion (compare to $818 million for year-ago quarter)
- Gross margin was 34.8 percent, down from 36.9 percent in the year-ago quarter.
- International sales accounted for 42 percent of the quarter’s revenue.
- 2,496,000 Macs sold (41% unit growth and 43% revenue growth on year-ago quarter)
- 11,011,000 iPods sold (12% unit growth and 7% revenue growth on year-ago quarter)
- 717,000 iPhones sold (compared to 270,000 in the year-ago-quarter - I expected this number to be down given that the first-gen iPhone had been sold out for much of the quarter)
Press release here.