Kevin Werbach just posted the draft agenda for the upcoming Supernova conference. I'll be moderating a session at the Challenge Day on June 20 titled "Will Intellectual Property Kill Social Media?," and we've confirmed the following stellar panel to take on this topic:
- EFF Senior Intellectual Property Attorney Fred von Lohmann
- Dabble Founder and Chairman Mary Hodder
- Viacom Senior Vice President and General Counsel Mark Morril
- YouTube General Counsel Zahavah Levine
- Morgan Lewis IP partner Ron Dreben
I'm kind of beside myself about that lineup. Here's the description of our session from the conference site:
The promise of social networks, video sharing, and online communities goes hand-in-hand with the challenge of unauthorized use. Yet some see the legal and technical responses to that challenge doing more harm than good. Can we find an accommodation between the explosive creativity of social media and the constraints of intellectual property law?
If you have thoughts, suggestions, questions, or provocations you'd like to put to the panel, I'm all ears.