Despite testing out the fantastic HTC One (M8), I keep grabbing my custom Moto X because of all the great enhancements Motorola provides. Republic Wireless offers an inexpensive and functional Moto X service combination and just announced it will get better tomorrow with Moto Maker support.
At this time you can purchase a custom Moto X for the big four carriers, but starting tomorrow at noon Eastern time you will be able to order a custom Moto X that works on Republic Wireless. The no-contract Moto X will retail for $349.99 (16GB) and $399.99 (32GB) with free shipping. The first 2,000 customers who visit www.Motorola.com/WoodYouBelieveIt starting at 11:00 am Eastern time will get a coupon for a free upgrade to bamboo or other wood finish (a $25 value).
Republic Wireless has four attractive plan offers with absolutely no contract. The phone is locked to their network because of the unique way it uses WiFi for calling. The four plans include:
- $5 WiFi only plan
- $10 WiFi with unlimited cellular talk and text
- 25 WiFi with 3G unlimited cellular talk and text
- $40 WiFi with 4G unlimited cellular talk and text
The Republic Wireless Moto X is a great alternative to locking yourself into one of the big four carriers and it is made an even more attractive option with custom Moto X devices.
Related Moto X posts
- Republic Wireless Moto X review: Top consumer smartphone and low cost service are a killer combo
- Attention to detail and conveniences earned the Moto X a place in my pocket
- Motorola rolls out Android 4.4 KitKat to Moto X just three weeks after announcement
- Motorola drops Moto X regular price to $399.99
- Motorola launches Moto X Maker customization service for all carriers