HP's Autonomy unit announced Wednesday the rollout of new adaptive data backup and recovery products targeted toward safeguarding data centers as they become increasingly under siege with unprecedented volumes of data.
The HP Backup Navigator is touted as a predictive analytics application that allows an organization to steer through its backup landscape. HP said Backup Navigator is the first data protection tool based on in-depth operational analytics.
HP also issued enhancements to its Data Protector 9.0 that the company says offers recovery of VMware vSphere virtual disks through the new SmartCache feature.
Rounding out the backup bulk-up is the HP Data Protector Management Pack with plug-in support for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager. HP says the bundle enables organizations to centrally monitor and report on the health and performance of the entire HP Data Protector environment.
- HP, enterprise giants fill up OpenStack bandwagon
- HP aims at datacentre costs with 'facility as a service' offering
- HP to invest $1bn in open-source cloud computing, launches Helion portfolio
- HP adds virtualization to Z Workstation family
- HP, Foxconn ink cloud server deal
- HP upgrades mission-critical service portfolio