I have written several articles (see links below) regarding the Microsoft Surface Pro and how I find it to be a fantastic mobile product. It looks like I should have planned to attend TechEd 2013 next week as Microsoft has a special Surface offer where attendees can pick up a Surface Pro and/or a Surface RT at amazing prices.
I hunted down my Surface Pro and paid over $1,000 for it and am very pleased with the purchase. Microsoft is offering TechEd attendees the Surface Pro 128GB, with no covers, for $399.99 and the Surface RT with touch cover bundle for just $99.99! Wow, that is a crazy deal for a couple solid tablets.
TechEd attendees, including customers, partners, press, 3rd party speakers, and 3rd party staff, are all eligible for the discounted pricing offers. TechEd costs $2,195 for the full conference. The TechExpo itself is just $225, but I am not sure if those attendees qualify.
The offers are only available during the event and Microsoft personnel comments in the discussion stated there will be plenty available for everyone who wants to buy one or both devices.
Related ZDNet Surface coverage:
- Surface Pro: My week as engineer and train commuter
- Microsoft Surface Pro review
- Microsoft blows Surface Pro launch, but Best Buy and Staples provided excellent customer service
- Surface Pro versus MacBook Air: Who's being dishonest with storage space?
- Forget about difficult Surface Pro repairs, Microsoft Complete coverage is just $99
- Goodbye Surface RT, hello Surface Pro: I won't miss getting work done again
- Microsoft Surface RT gesture and keyboard shortcut guide