Apple's new iPad was announced on Wednesday and is due to go on sale from Apple's retail stores on Friday March 16. However, the ordering process on the company's online store in the UK and US says that pre-ordered iPads will be dispatched in "2-3 weeks."
A spokesman for Apple said that demand for the retina display-equipped device had been "off the charts", forcing it to make the change to the expected delivery dates. Other new features include a quad-core graphics processor and faster data network capabilities in comparison to the iPad 2.
- Apple sold more iOS devices in 2011 than it sold Macs in 28 years
- Analysts’ ‘disappointing’ iPhone 4S could be fastest selling to date
- Apple ‘does an iPhone 4S’ with new iPad: Disappointed?
- Apple wins patent for e-wallet
- James Kendrick: Why I will buy a new iPad
- Webcast: ZDNet analysis of the new Apple iPad announcement
- All ZDNet coverage of Apple’s iPad