Like most of you I get sick of seeing all these lawsuits between mobile companies. I am sure there are legitimate reasons for the lawsuits, but many seem to be spiteful. It was good to hear that Nokia and HTC signed a patent and technology agreement that dismisses all patent litigation between the two companies.
While the full terms of the agreement are confidential, the press release states that HTC will make payments to Nokia and the collaboration will involve HTC's LTE patent portfolio.
HTC recently had a small win in this ongoing battle when a German court dismissed a Nokia suit related to receiving calls while downloading OTA updates. Before this, Nokia had a couple of wins against HTC so it is good to see them finally coming to terms.
Related Nokia HTC lawsuit coverage
- Nokia patent suit against HTC is dismissed by German court
- Nokia seeks ban on HTC One after it wins UK patent fight
- Nokia's HTC One Mini sales ban overturned in the UK
- Nokia steps up patent suit against HTC, targets HTC One
- HTC may face US Android import ban over two Nokia patents
- Nokia did not obtain an injunction against HTC, HTC One mics good to go for now