11 of 13Image
When I finally got it back, I was faced with trying to pry open the case since the shipping damage had effectively locked it closed. Once I figured that out, I was able to assess the interior damage to the machine. As it turned out the machine was pretty tough. Blows that were capable of bending the sheet metal of the case did little but unseat some chips, connectors, and cards inside of the unit.
Realizing that the machine was salvageable I carefully put everything back where it came from and powered on the unit. I was more than surprised to see it run just fine in spite of the cosmetic damage!
Reprinted with permission from Vintage-Computer.com