20 of 23Image
Where you should be: Profile > Calendar tab.
- - -
While Facebook Events are a great way of bringing your friends or colleagues together to celebrate something, Facebook unfortunately automatically makes these public for anyone with a Facebook account to see... and invite themselves.
1. Click Create an event to set up a new event.
Fill in all the information as you would expect on any other Facebook page -- but take note of a couple of things.
1. In the Where box, refrain from putting a private address, such as your home. You can easily send a message to all attendees privately if they do not know your address -- which is a much safer option than putting it as part of the event itself.
2. Make sure that the top box is unchecked where it says Anyone can view and RSVP (public event).
Once you are done, you can create the event by hitting the blue Create event button.
Facebook Groups are a great way to bring your friends or colleagues together, or set up a mini-society or something to that effect. But, be aware of the privacy settings.
1. Firstly, name your group carefully. Depending on the privacy settings below, this will be searchable throughout Facebook.
2. Recommended setting is Secret, to allow only members to see the content of the group, and members who are part of the group. Alternatively, Closed allows anyone to view the content of the group, but restricts them from sharing anything until they are accepted by an administrator of that group.