10 of 12Image
Where you should be: Profile > Edit Profile > Activities and interests tab.
- - -
1. Recommended setting for Activities is Friends.
2. Recommended setting for Interests is Friends.
3. Clicking Other Pages you like will bring up a list of all the pages of content you already "like" on Facebook.
Remember: the content you fill in here will mean that you automatically "like" the page associated with that content -- which will then mean you subscribe to the content of that page.
Facebook populates your "likes" of content pages here, and you can easily unsubscribe for content you feel you do not want anymore, or is taking up too much space on your News Feed.
1. To remove a "like", scroll to the one you want to remove and hit Remove Page. It will be removed instantly.
Where you should be: Profile > Edit Profile > Contact information tab.
- - -
1. Recommended setting for Personal email addresses should be set to Only me or Friends. Remember, you can also use lists to hide certain email addresses from a group of people by selecting Custom.
2. Recommended setting for IM screen names, for others to contact you via instant messaging, should be set to Only me or Friends.
3. Facebook, if you followed the guide correctly, should not have listed any of your phone numbers you may have added via Facebook Mobile to 'Public. Recommended setting is Only me or Friends.