Polycom and Microsoft on Monday announced a broad agreement to team up on unified communications.
Under a multi-year pact, Polycom and Microsoft will deliver unified communications (UC) technology to customers ranging from small businesses to larger companies. Among the components of the deal:
- Polycom will develop UC systems for Microsoft Communications Server 14 and beyond.
- Polycom CX systems will be optimised for Microsoft UC.
- Room-based systems from Polycom will be able to integrate with Microsoft Communications Server 14.
- The two parties will work on other interoperable systems.
- Polycom and Microsoft will partner on sales and training, marketing, channel partners and demonstrations.
This ZDNet UK-selected story originally appeared as Polycom, Microsoft forge unified communications pact on ZDNet.com.