SAP has expanded its integration with Esri, makers of Geographic Information System software and geodatabase management applications.
The partnership brings high-performance spatial analytics, self-service mapping and collaboration to GIS and business users, enabling them to leverage real-time location intelligence and unlock shared data in both Esri and SAP environments.
Last year, SAP added native high-performance processing of spatial data to the SAP HANA platform, but the German enterprise software giant said the enhanced integration with Esri allows business users to run complex spatial queries on massive volumes of data in real-time via Esri Query Layers. The functionality reportedly accelerates location analytics because Esri ArcGIS executes queries natively on SAP HANA closer to where the data resides.
Steve Lucas, president of platform solutions for SAP, said in a statement:
By integrating ESRI’s industry leading GIS with SAP HANA, the SAP BusinessObjects BI platform and SAP Mobile Platform as well as geospatial analytics within SAP Lumira, we are enriching business data with geographical context and presenting it in real time — bringing a whole new level of insight to customers.
- SAP revs up connected car drive with Toyota, VeriFone
- For SAP customers, the future of work is collaborative
- SAP inks LG CNS deal to drive cloud deployments in Korea
- SAP's cloud push: Here's what customers are planning to do
- SAP unites behind McDermott, HANA and new mantra
- SAP begins testing HANA on IBM Power Systems
- SAP's McDermott pushes free Fiori, simplification to appease customers