- My high school debate partner (briefly) was Chris Isaak. Yes, that Chris Isaak.
- Speaking of debate, I went to UCLA on a full scholarship from the debate team. Get into an argument with me at your own peril.
- My first "real" job out of college was as an editor at Oui magazine, a division of Playboy Publishing. I spent three excellent years at that job. And yes, I went to parties at Hef's mansion. So there.
- I came of age in the 1960s and 1970s, when the Vietnam War was going from bad to worse. I was eligible for the draft in 1973, the year it was, thankfully, suspended.
- I hate chain letters, of which this is one. So I'm not tagging anyone else.
If you feel like getting involved in this folderol, feel free to do so and blame me. If five of you do it, I'll be off the hook.