LenovoEMC, a joint venture between EMC and Lenovo, on Thursday said it will bundle Acronis backup tools for its network attached storage line.
The move, the latest in a series of partnerships forged by LenovoEMC, highlight how the company is broadening out its tools to better target small and mid-sized businesses.
Among the key points:
- LenovoEMC will us Acronis' backup and recovery engine for network attached storage.
- Acronis' technology will be used to backup servers during deployments.
- Automated backup of data for server to NAS, PC to NAS and NAS to NAS will be available.
- The backup software will be available as an add-on to LenovoEMC px Series NAS products in the U.S. and in a backup appliance in Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. The appliance is available in desktop models with two to six drive bays a well as one unit and two unit rack arrays with up to 12 bays.
- The LenovoEMC-Acronis backup appliance is available for Windows and Linux servers.
According to LenovoEMC the Acronis backup appliance is available now in Europe and Asia and starts at €555 for diskless models. Current LenovoEMC px Series customers can add the backup and recovery Acronis software for $49. A combination of backup and recovery for Windows and Linux servers and LenovoEMC NAS gear will run $249.
Marc Tanguay, senior manager for storage products LenovoEMC, said the U.S. setup points customers directly to Acronis for installation. "We are working with best of breed partners and forming global channel partnerships," he said.