Nokia announced the Nokia Refocus and enjoy multiple levels of focus in a single image.with 20 megapixel PureView technology last month and showed off their new Refocus application. Existing PureView owners, including the Lumia 1020, 920, 925, and 928, can now download and install
The Nokia Refocus app performs similarly to the Lytro camera. The application allows you to shoot between two and eight photos, dependent on available focal planes in view of your shot.
To get the most out of the Refocus software, you need to focus on the object closest to you and move your phone close to that object until it is clear. Keep a steady hand and then you will have an image you can tap and refocus on to share with others.
The Refocus app also includes Nokia's Color Pop utility from other Nokia camera apps so you can color in sections of your photo while making the rest black and white.
You can share your captured image to SkyDrive with a unique page at refocus.nokia.com being created. This site hosts the image where people can interact and change focus themselves, right from their web browser. Try it out on the Nokia website, it's pretty slick.
Nokia is definitely setting the bar for smartphone photography. I look forward to checking out a Lumia 1520 with the latest in Nokia technology soon.
Related Nokia Lumia coverage
- Top 10 smartphones for the 2013 holiday season
- AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 review: The best Windows Phone ever made
- Nokia Lumia 1020: Unmatched camera experience in a growing Windows Phone market
- Photo shootout: Nokia Lumia 1020, PureView 808, Lumia 925, HTC One, and iPhone 5
- Nokia Lumia 1020 announced; advanced 41 megapixel camera at $300 contract price