A camera's design can reflect a lot about a photographer's own style and personality, but maybe none more so than the new Pentax Optio RS1000.
The base model looks like the black canvas pictured to the side. To get going, RS1000 owners have the option of either choosing from one of the eight starter skins bundled with the camera. That ranges from the lovely sunset seen above to some orange hues to the Golden Gate Bridge.
The creativity doesn't stop there as photographers can also design their own skins, either from sketches or their own photos even, especially when the Pentax Personal Skin Designer app is made public. When the perfect design is ready, owners can remove the transparent faceplate (held on by four screws on the front of the camera) and insert the skin.
There are some useful internal specs on the RS1000, including
- 14.1-megapixel CCD sensor
- 3-inch LCD widescreen (230K-dot resolution)
- 28-110mm wide-angle lens with 4x optical zoom
- 720p HD video recording at 30fps
- Face detection
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
Retailing for $149.95, the RS1000 is currently out of stock, although Pentax's web store says that it ships within 10 business days.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Pentax K-5 digital SLR debuts at Photokina; Upgraded HDR, ISO up to 12800
- Pentax announces new K-r entry-level digital SLR