Battery-related problems on devices updated to iOS 5 seem to continue for another day. Yesterday it was reported that that Apple’s latest iOS 5.0.1 update released yesterday wasn't actually fixing the iPhone battery drain problem for everyone.
If you need any further evidence about the ongoing problem, just check out Apple's discussion boards, which are overflowing with comments on the iPhone 4S battery life thread.
So what's going on now?
AllThingsD reports that the Cupertino, Calif.-based company has released the following statement about the current situation:
The recent iOS software update addressed many of the battery issues that some customers experienced on their iOS 5 devices. We continue to investigate a few remaining issues.
It's brief, but at least Apple has commented publicly on the issue if the report is accurate.
Until Apple releases more information -- and hopefully an update that does the job for everyone -- check out these helpful tips for saving the battery on iOS 5-based iPhones.
- Report: Mac OS X 'Lion' uptake has almost flatlined
- Best iOS e-reader app updated and pronounced dead on the same day
- Apple, Lenovo set for head-on collision in China
- VMware prepping 'phone-in-a-phone' for enterprise customers
- Kindle Fire besting Nook Tablet with more third-party partners