Although an electrical storm caused the Amazon Web Services outage, it was a slew of previously unseen bugs in the cloud’s technology that extended the downtime
A researcher has developed a way of looking at clouds that assesses their individual "gravity" and the effect it can have on users' data
The low-power Gemini server takes many design cues from the open source hardware designs popularised by Facebook through the Open Compute Project, and sees HP acknowledge the tricky position its cloud business is in
The tendency of cloud providers to keep the internal details of their infrastructure secret could cause problems that could wreak havoc in the cloud, a researcher has warned.
Three tech giants want to challenge Amazon Web Services, and the methods they're using shine a light on their wider corporate strategy.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Cloud computing: 10 ways it will change by 2020
- 2 Amazon launches Glacier cloud storage, hopes enterprise will go cold on tape use
- 3 AWS Glacier's dazzling price benefits melt next to the cost of tape
- 4 P2P storage: Can it beat the odds and take on the cloud?
- 5 Microsoft's Ajax CDN tumbles worldwide