A programmer scraped data from the My School website to make some really cool heat maps showing regions of smart schools — no thanks to the government, which didn't supply the data in any useful kind of format.
Millennials were raised on technology -- they never had to be taught. So if you really need someone to explain what it all really means, just ask Gen-Y geek Josh Taylor.
Armed with a degree in Computer Science and a Masters in Journalism, Josh keeps a close eye on the telecommunications industry, the National Broadband Network, and all the goings on in government IT.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 Netflix Australia will not be the Netflix you are looking for
- 2 Metadata: What we know and who wants it
- 3 Slamming Netflix 'backdoors' shut will not help local streamers
- 4 We used to be friends: The Veronica Mars Kickstarter backlash
- 5 How film studios want to use data retention to crack down on piracy