The German View
From SAP and Software AG to startups, a look at the new developments in the largest economy of Western Europe from an insider's perspective.
From the day he brought home a modem and dialed in to a local BBS in 1991, Michael has been obsessed with technology and how it enables collaboration. He has a master's degree in journalism from UC Berkeley, and has worked in and around the technology start-up scenes in San Francisco and Berlin.
Sara Zaske is a journalist based in Berlin. She has written on technology, development, and the environment for a variety of publications including ZDNet, the San Francisco Examiner, Sierra magazine and RCR Wireless News.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 4G in Europe: How far, how fast and how much is LTE in Germany?
- 2 File-sharing in Germany: Could the cost of getting caught be about to come down?
- 3 Audi's self-parking car: What's stopping the tech getting on our roads?
- 4 Telefonica Deutschland closes €8.6bn acquisition of E-Plus
- 5 Net neutrality and nude celebrity selfies: Are Europe's digital challenges in safe hands?