Latest articles from David Braue
Policymaking should be about evidence-based improvement, not just leaving swathes of destruction around you. Yet, as the Coalition tries to ramrod data retention into existence, the real costs of policy self-obsession are once again becoming clear.
Freed from competition by a single-minded government, NBN Co is free to cherry pick to its heart's content, drip feeding its fibre-to-the-basement services to Australia's wealthiest areas. Yet, with so many concessions made to Telstra and so much about the NBN still up in the air, there is still more lost than gained.
NBN Co paid AU$330,000 to use project-management methodology in six sites, but only used it in one despite FttP rollout improvements.
- Semiconductor firms NXP, Freescale announce $40 billion merger
- Sony unveils mid-range Xperia M4 smartphone and Z4 tablet
- Akamai acquires intelligent DNS specialist Xerocole
- Mind the culture gap: What you need to know to make nearshoring work
- Huawei unveils its first smartwatch, running Android Wear, plus Bluetooth fitness band
- Is it time to force PC makers to disclose how much they make from crapware?