Latest articles from David Braue
Policymaking should be about evidence-based improvement, not just leaving swathes of destruction around you. Yet, as the Coalition tries to ramrod data retention into existence, the real costs of policy self-obsession are once again becoming clear.
Freed from competition by a single-minded government, NBN Co is free to cherry pick to its heart's content, drip feeding its fibre-to-the-basement services to Australia's wealthiest areas. Yet, with so many concessions made to Telstra and so much about the NBN still up in the air, there is still more lost than gained.
NBN Co paid AU$330,000 to use project-management methodology in six sites, but only used it in one despite FttP rollout improvements.
- Agile proves to be a big help in keeping up with fickle users
- Google speeds up data transfers with Quick UDP Internet connections
- Top iOS news of the week: Halo, WWDC, Apple buys keyboard
- Top Android news of the week: Cyanogen, Verizon on security, install apps in search
- Give your iPhone or iPad a storage boost
- These key restrictions won't help Google in the EC's Android antitrust probe