Latest articles from David Braue
The long-awaited arrival of Netflix has turned mild interest in streaming video into something far bigger. But as video stores fall in Netflix's wake, it's worth considering what we have lost as well.
Policymaking should be about evidence-based improvement, not just leaving swathes of destruction around you. Yet, as the Coalition tries to ramrod data retention into existence, the real costs of policy self-obsession are once again becoming clear.
Freed from competition by a single-minded government, NBN Co is free to cherry pick to its heart's content, drip feeding its fibre-to-the-basement services to Australia's wealthiest areas. Yet, with so many concessions made to Telstra and so much about the NBN still up in the air, there is still more lost than gained.
- Dimension Data sends 76 Australian jobs offshore
- Japan remains Google Play's top country by revenue
- Google changes social Terms to target harassment, make room for art
- Ingogo closes AU$12 million Series C funding round
- Australian government to auction regional 1800MHz spectrum
- Marine Rescue Queensland trains squadrons with Office 365