Latest articles from Andrew Brust
With the 1.0 release of Apache Drill and a new 1.2 release of Apache Hive, everything you thought you knew about SQL-on-Hadoop might just have become obsolete
Hadoop is here to stay. But it's mature analytics tools for Hadoop, DBMS abstraction layers over it and Hadoop-as-a-Service cloud offerings that will make the open source Big Data platform actionable.
New Azure Data Warehouse offering finally offers competition to Amazon Redshift. Azure Data Lake and new scaling models for Azure SQL Database round out the offerings.
- Amazon now paying tax in Germany and UK
- Human Services data centre consolidation nears completion
- Lessons from a Sydney cryptoparty
- Netflix accidentally bills Australian customers multiple times
- Telstra on track with decade-long Racing Victoria deal
- BlackBerry jobs to go from software, hardware, apps businesses