Latest articles from Ed Bott
Through a new website, Microsoft is allowing some of its customers to download Windows 7 installation media in ISO format. But if you're hoping to repair or refresh an OEM installation of Windows 7, you're out of luck. I've got the details here.
That was fast. Roughly 24 hours after news emerged that an unknown number of Lenovo PCs were infected with potentially dangerous software, Microsoft released a tool that automatically removes the offending code. [Updated]
Windows 8 was filled with bold ideas, designed to move Windows forward in one giant leap. Three years later, as Windows 10 nears its release date, many of those innovative ideas are gone. Here's a look at what's been tossed away, and why.
- Breach costs at $162 million, Target reports
- Google unveils plans for opulent new headquarters
- Aviation leads the way in the 2015 Uptime Institute Brill awards
- Lenovo promises to stop bundling crapware on PCs
- Canonical and Juniper team up on carrier-grade OpenStack SDN
- Red Hat invites all to work on its OpenShift PaaS cloud