Latest articles from Ed Bott
Through a new website, Microsoft is allowing some of its customers to download Windows 7 installation media in ISO format. But if you're hoping to repair or refresh an OEM installation of Windows 7, you're out of luck. I've got the details here.
That was fast. Roughly 24 hours after news emerged that an unknown number of Lenovo PCs were infected with potentially dangerous software, Microsoft released a tool that automatically removes the offending code. [Updated]
Windows 8 was filled with bold ideas, designed to move Windows forward in one giant leap. Three years later, as Windows 10 nears its release date, many of those innovative ideas are gone. Here's a look at what's been tossed away, and why.
- Traveling overseas with T-Mobile: free data and text is good enough for most
- Top Android news of the week: Android for Work, Android Pay, owning the market
- Uber admits database breach putting driver data at risk
- Technology outsourcers learn to ride the cloud
- Google Cloud Platform getting its own status dashboard
- Amazon Echo beta SDK coming for developers, content providers