Latest articles from Robin Harris
Solid State Drives - SSDs - are a product of convenience, not good architecture. Storage systems need to be re-architected to achieve the highest performance of NAND flash and, soon, byte-addressable non-volatile memory. Here's an example.
With USB 3.0 users can attach more storage, more cheaply, than ever before. For many that means a USB 3.0 hub. After using several for the last two years, here's one that works well on a Mac.
Movies made on film may be down, but they're not out. Kodak has cut a deal with the 6 major Hollywood studios to continue to supply the venerable celluloid stock to film makers, such as the next James Bond movie. Analog forever!
- HP Spectre x360: Flagship hybrid notebook packs 12-hour battery life
- Semiconductor firms NXP, Freescale announce $40 billion merger
- Sony unveils mid-range Xperia M4 smartphone and Z4 tablet
- Akamai acquires intelligent DNS specialist Xerocole
- Mind the culture gap: What you need to know to make nearshoring work
- Huawei unveils its first smartwatch, running Android Wear, plus Bluetooth fitness band