After leaving college and now in his mid-20's, he continues to write about technology, society, politics and anything in-between, as well as giving the occasional university lecture, and discussing the events of the day on television and radio. He saw his first academic work published at the age of 22 -- then still an undergraduate -- and has since been cited by CNN, BBC News, The Guardian, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post.
A London native, he is now based in the New York bureau.
Latest articles from Zack Whittaker
Europe's parliament is reportedly ready to call for Google's breakup, three years into a probe investigating the company's business practices.
You may be forgiven for not remembering that earlier this year, the Internet stumbled for a day. Did you notice it? Probably not — most people didn't. Here's what happened.
With tax season half-a-year away, it's no surprise the tax and accounting software maker had a quiet financial quarter.
- Top iOS news of the week: Beats Music, Apple fined, new iOS 8
- What we learned about Intel this week
- Yahoo continues to improve media experiences with Cooliris acquisition
- Top Android news of the week: Lollipop not so sweet, Dropbox in Office, Nokia rises
- Aereo loses battle, cord-cutters may win war
- Barbie fails as computer engineer