Service technology -- from SOA to cloud to IT service management -- promises many "-ilities": greater agility, flexibility, and reusability. Joe McKendrick explores the challenges and opportunities.
Joe McKendrick is an author and independent analyst who tracks the impact of information technology on management and markets. Joe is co-author, along with 16 leading industry leaders and thinkers, of the SOA Manifesto, which outlines the values and guiding principles of service orientation. He speaks frequently on cloud, SOA, data, and enterprise computing topics at industry events and Webcasts. As an independent analyst, he has authored numerous research reports in partnership with Unisphere Research, a division of Information Today, Inc. for user groups such as SHARE, Oracle Applications Users Group, and International DB2 Users Group. He is also independent analyst for GigaOm Pro. In a previous life, Joe served as director of the Administrative Management Society (AMS), an international professional association dedicated to advancing knowledge within the IT and business management fields. He is a graduate of Temple University.
The best of ZDNet, delivered
- 1 20 technology certifications that are paying off
- 2 Expanding your cloud repertoire? Check out these certifications
- 3 Outsourcing exec urges: 'Stop outsourcing your software development'
- 4 Mobile developers prefer RESTful APIs: is that a problem for enterprises?
- 5 This is your electronic brain. This is your electronic brain with design thinking.