- Support the codification of design methodology and design strategy as being worked on at leading IT schools.
- Build out the "nascent fields" of service innovation and service science that IBM and Peer Insight are creating.
- Support a new academic speciality in "innovation economics." Traditional economics fail to take account of things that are major factors in today's economy – stuff like human capital, productivity gains of networking, brain power and culture.
- Build out a very high-speed broad network.
- Reshape immigration and visa policy – "re-open the doors (closed in part since 9/11) of America to the best and brightest students and immigrants."
- Promote new forms of K-12 education, especially in inner-city schools. Ideas: Integrate gaming into curriculum development, peer-to-peer learning, and team teaching."
I agree that fundamental, visionary changes to immigration and education policy are needed. Not enthusiastic that anyone will tackle these items with vigor, though.