There's a lot of chatter out there about green printing and Doc's grown a little skeptical of much of it. But one good resource is the Green Guide for Graphic Communications published by the Printing Industries of America (PIA).
The Guide, written by Peter Nowack, is a comprehensive ten-chapter look at green printing and the marketing of green printing. It takes you step-by-step through the process of identifying opportunities to be greener, how to measure your performance and most importantly, how to communicate your sustainability initiatives to your customers.
The Guide also includes a number of interactive "calculators" to help you figure out your greenhouse gas emissions, energy consumption, water usage, and other key metrics.
The Green Guide for Graphic Communications will help you:
- Turn your green profile into a market position;
- Make appropriate and credible green claims;
- Issue periodic reports on your green progress;
- Better understand third-party certification and eco-labels;
- Communicate effectively with customers, prospects, and other stakeholders;
- Prepare news releases about your green business; and
- Identify and take advantage of green marketing opportunities in your community.
The Green Guide for Graphic Communications is free to PIA members. You are a member, aren't you?