Features of the new iPhone include:
- a completely new (ahem!) industrial design that is 24 percent thinner than the iPhone 3GS
- 960 x 640 IPS "retina" display with 800:1 contrast ratio
- Apple A4 processor
- Three-axis gyroscope
- Five megapixel rear camera with 720p video recording at 30fps
- Front-facing camera with FaceTime video calling
- (optional) iMovie video editing app for $4.99
The new handset will be available for pre-order on June 15 and will go on sale on June 25, 2010. AT&T has extended upgrade eligibility to anyone whose current iPhone contract expires in 2010. The 16GB model will sell for $199 and the 32GB model will sell for $299 with a two-year contract. The iPhone 3G is being discontinued and the iPhone 3GS will drop to $99.
We just finished recording a podcast analyzing iPhone 4 in more detail which will be posted shortly.