The new iMac comes in two sizes: 21.5-inch (1920 x 1080) or 27-inch (2560 x 1440) edge-to-edge glass LED-backlit displays with a 178 degree viewing angle. They sport a 21.5-inch display, Intel Core 2 Duo processors starting at 3.06GHz (Core i5 and i7 quad-core available), 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 RAM (16GB capacity) and 1TB of storage.
In the 21.5-inch model comes an ATi Radeon HD 4670 discrete graphics card (256MB) and the 27-inch model sports an ATi Radeon HD 4850; NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics is also available.
The line comes with an iSight video camera, 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet, four USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 800 port and an SD card slot.
The news comes hot on the heels of milestone Apple earnings in which the company announced that it managed its best quarter in its history.
More Apple announcements today:
- Apple introduces multitouch Magic Mouse, single or multi-button; $69
- Apple unveils new unibody polycarbonate MacBook; 7-hour battery, LED display, multitouch trackpad; $999
- Apple refreshes specs on Mac mini; starts $599; Snow Leopard server model, $999
- Apple's $19 remote gets aluminum refresh; control iPod, iPhone, Mac
- Apple updates AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule; improves performance