In addition to the rest of the Apple announcements today, the company has silently updated its AirPort Extreme router and the Time Capsule wireless backup device, claiming better performance.
Both devices remain simultaneous dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi devices and seem to have received tweaks in antenna positioning (inside) to boost performance.
The new AirPort Extreme base station ships in three days for $179.
The new Time Capsule promises Time Machine backups in Snow Leopard that are 60 percent faster than before. It will ship in three days for $299 (1TB) or $499 (2TB).
More Apple announcements today:
- Apple debuts new 21.5" and 27" iMac desktops; aluminum and glass; SD card slot
- Apple introduces multitouch Magic Mouse, single or multi-button; $69
- Apple unveils new unibody polycarbonate MacBook; 7-hour battery, LED display, multitouch trackpad; $999
- Apple refreshes specs on Mac mini; starts $599; Snow Leopard server model, $999
- Apple's $19 remote gets aluminum refresh; control iPod, iPhone, Mac