HTC's 7-inch Flyer tablet is one step closer to taking off. Ringing in at $499 the seven-inch tablet will arrive between May 22nd and 27th, according to Best Buy.
HTC announced the Flyer, (which also goes by "HTC EVO View 4G", for some reason) at Mobile World Congress earlier this year. Slightly behind fellow tablets, the Flyer runs a souped-up, Sense-equipped version of Android 2.4, though HTC says that an upgrade to Android 3.0 Honeycomb is on its way as well.
One of the tablets more exciting features is its pressure-sensitive stylus, which allows users to draw directly on the device's screen. While the move back to stylus-based input has more than a few detractors, HTC seems to be strongly supporting the technology. Assuming the company and app developers can create an solid line of stylus-based applications, the Flyer may actually develop some traction.
Here are Best Buy's specs:
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system With HTC Sense allows you to stay connected and productive.
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n network For Internet capability on the go (additional fees may apply). HTC Watch allows you to rent or buy movies and watch them instantly.
- Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP capability For wireless communication with a Bluetooth-enabled stereo headset.
- 7" color touch-screen display With 1024 x 600 resolution for easy navigation of features.
- 16GB internal memory Along with a microSDHC card slot allows you to store or transfer media (card not included).
- Front-facing 1.3MP autofocus camera