The new Compaq Presario CQ61
will offer Windows 7 Home Premium on a 15.6-inch "piano black" body for just $399.
The new laptop, available now, sports the following:
- AMD Sempron 2.0GHz processor
- 15.6-inch (1366x768) display
- ATi Radeon HD 4200 graphics
- 2GB DDR2 memory
- 160GB 5,400RPM HDD
- SuperMulti DVD/RW drive
- 802.11 b/g wireless
- six-cell battery (12-cell battery optional)
It's got an integrated microphone, a 5-in-1 media card reader, Altec Lansing audio, a full-size keyboard with numeric keypad, three USB 2.0 ports, line in and out, VGA and RJ-45 port.
The system weighs in at 5.90 lbs. and it's 1.38 inches at its thinnest. It's available on Oct. 22 for $399.
On the desktop front, Compaq also introduced the CQ4010F mini-tower desktop PC, also running Windows 7.
Inside, you'll find the following:
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- AMD Sempron (2.30GHz) processor
- 2GB DDR2 SDRAM (expands to 4GB)
- 250GB 7,200RPM HDD
- SuperMulti DVD burner
- Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE graphics
- 6 USB 2.0 ports (4 front, 2 back), headphone, microphone, VGA, line in/out
- USB keyboard and mouse
- 4.43 in. wide, 12.24 in. tall, 15.91 in. deep
- 9.20 lbs.
It's available Oct. 22 for $309.