It has been a few months since I last wrote about the Dashwire mobile client and I was very pleased to receive a note from Ford that the Dashwire Mobile 2.0 client for Windows Mobile is now available. This latest version offers a significant update to the GUI on your Windows Mobile device and lots more cool features to integrate your social networks and multimedia.
New features in the Dashwire Mobile 2.0 client include:
- Graphical phone experience featuring user avatar, status updates, and media gallery
- Mobile access to photos & videos located on your Dashwire web account – even if the actual media files aren’t on your phone
- Photo uploads from your computer to your Dashwire web account, which then automatically appear on your phone
- Media editing, blogging, and sharing with friends – on the go as you’re capturing your experiences
- Direct status updates to Facebook & Twitter
- Privacy controls & media publishing
Simply point your Windows Mobile browser to m.dashwire.com to download this latest client. I put it on the HTC Touch Diamond this morning and it is still syncing up with the server since the first time you sync it can take a long time.
Dashwire has put together a video explaining and showing the new features that you may want to check out before trying it out yourself.