Luxury could be at your fingertips with the new iPhone app from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, which actually boasts more than just an online reservation service.
Also compatible with the iPod touch and the iPad, the Fairmont application is intended to act like a personal "concierge." Some of the standard features include information about availability, pricing and Fairmont locations worldwide.
One of the more notable aspects is the Destination Guide feature, which uses the device's GPS ability to track down restaurants, events and other attractions near your hotel with both exact walking and driving directions.
The Fairmont app is available in iTunes now, and for such a fancy app that will probably lead to a lot of spending, it's free.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Fairmont hotels start stocking Kobo e-book readers
- Stuart Hughes bestows golden touch to iPad with ‘Supreme Edition’
- Versace Unique smartphone headed for only the ‘most important’ boutiques
- Stuart Hughes fashions iPhone 4 Diamond Edition
- Gresso unveils Luxor Las Vegas Jackpot phone worth $1 million