My T-Mobile SIM has not left my Gmail version 4.2 (Play Store link). I was reading my Twitter feed and saw the folks at TmoNews post about the release, checked my Play Store for updates, and updated the client on my Note II.since I bought it and the Note II is my . Today, the Note II became even more awesome with the release of
According to the release notes, here is what you will find in this latest version if you have an Android 4.0 or later device:
- Auto-fit messages to screen and message zooming
- Swipe messages to archive or delete
- Attach photos and videos from within Gmail
- Larger photo previews and gallery view for photo attachments
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
You have to go into the Gmail settings to enable/customize the first two new features listed here, but I know the auto-fit one is incredibly useful to me and was one issue that had me pulling my hair out when using Gmail on my Android devices.
If you have an Android 2.2 and up device you will also see a couple benefits from updating:
- New Labels API for 3rd-party app developers
- Performance improvements
I read that some people were buying the Nexus 4 with Android 4.2 loaded on it to get this latest version of Gmail, but am very pleased to see Google release it for all of us who are satisfied with our current Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean devices.