The market for ultra-luxury mobile phones is bizarrely growing, and the latest entry is Gresso's Luxor Las Vegas Jackpot phone. Interested buyers will certainly need to win the jackpot to afford this one.
Admittedly, the Luxor Las Vegas Jackpot is made from several precious materials, including 18-karat gold, black diamonds, sapphires, and...200-year-old African Blackwood. (Is that a selling point?) Sounds more like the makings of a beautiful tiara rather than a cell phone.
However, there aren't any details as to the phone's specs. A friend of mine said upon first seeing the Gresso device that "it's a blinged out crappy phone," which might very well be true.
Only three of this jewel-adorned devices will ever be made (for now), and each will cost a whopping $1,000,000.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Fairmont hotels start stocking Kobo e-book readers
- Stuart Hughes bestows golden touch to iPad with 'Supreme Edition'
- Versace Unique smartphone headed for only the 'most important' boutiques
- Stuart Hughes fashions iPhone 4 Diamond Edition
- A $2.25 million HDTV still doesn't guarantee anything good is on