Ever want a setup so you can use your standard telephone or cordless phone to talk over Skype? Or what about over a voice-enabled IM program?
Here's how to set Chat-Cord up:
- Insert the red plug of Chat-Cord to the PC Microphone jack and the green plug to the PC Speakers jack.
- Unplug your phone cable from the wall and connect it with the phone-set to Chat-Cord phone plug through the extension adaptor provided with Chat-Cord.
- If you have external Speakers, connect its plug to the green socket of Chat-Cord and turn on the speakers. It will enable you to use the speakers as usual, to hear rings of incoming calls and to let others hear the conversation if you desire so.
- Pick up the phone and run the Audio test of your dialer to make sure that you've properly connected all the plugs and in order to set your volume levels.
- If your dialer software does not provide an Audio-Test-Wizard, click: Audio test to run this test from the Chat-Cord Web site.